Klaus, the Easter Vampire Bunny

Easter vampire bunnies can do pretty much whatever they want. After all, it is their holiday. And they are vampires, what are you going to do? argue with them?
So I made up a new puppet for Sarah's Easter basket: Klaus. He is a vampire. He likes chocolate, Cadbury's Cream Eggs, jelly beans and - oh yeah! human blood! Watch out, friends!
Klaus is a standard rod-and-hand puppet, the kind I have been making for over a year now. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how well he came out! The faux hair hides the seams well, and the foam skeleton/body is barely visible even in the brightest morning light.
I didn't get his ears right until the fourth go, the first three were classic Goldilocks (too big, too small, too pink, etc. - you know the story), and I had to place his fluffy cotton tail twice before I got that right. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there! Klaus gave me a worrisome glare when I tried to swing the camera around to take a picture of his tail so I didn't push the issue.
I think Sarah got a kick out of him, and it was about time I made her a puppet of her very own.
Happy Easter!

Comments