Fell, again!

I fell while jogging last night. First time since my October trip. I am banged up, bruised, and sprained my right arm and hand but at least it is not as bad as last time. Sleeping was difficult, as well as dressing, and lifting my arm up over my head is painful and decidedly NOT recommended. It was dark, I was swatting at my left leg because I felt a bug land on me, lost concentration on where I was going, and stumped the toe of my shoe against a slightly raised sidewalk square of cement. I fell forward and tried not to throw my hands up like I did the last time I fell (when I bruised my rib). I was just over three and a half miles into my run, with under half a mile to go. I ended up walking the rest of the way home. Very frustrating.
So today I will be taking it easy, but I have to get back out there and run four miles tomorrow. I am juggling week 5 of the Hal Higdon Half Marathon training schedule and I don't want to lose any more time.

Comments