Less than thrilled

Overall been less than thrilled with the community aspects of this site. I now remember why I didn't sign up right away. I like the food log and burn meter, but I can safely say that if a couple of the other sites had these tools and if they were as easy to use then I would certainly head over to the daily plate or that other calorie king. The forums are populated by the usual "regulars" you get on any website. That would be fine, but on this kind of site you have a core audience of hurt, timid, shy, and/or quiet people. I have started blocking regular posters. Many moderators seem less than expert in their subject forums. You get what you pay for holding true here. The groups tend to suffer from too small an audience. A lack of participation or low turnout decimates the smaller ones. Personally, I feel alienated from my 300+ group now that my struggles are that of someone trying to drop below 200 pounds and training to run a half marathon next month. I neglect to post when I am successful because I feel that it may come across to some members as bragging (I can remember feeling that way myself), or when I am having difficulty losing because I am so far below the focus area of the group. I feel caught between the fit and the fat: too fat to fit in with the fit people, and too fit to fit in with the fat people.

Comments